LG French Door Fridge No Longer Going Cold
My LG GM-B208BVS fridge stopped going cold a few days ago.
I have completed a thorough investigation and can report the below findings:
- The condenser fan is not spinning when fridge is on
- The condenser fan does also not work in test mode
- When fridge is powered on condenser fan appears to attempt to turn very slightly but stops immediately, then does not attempt to even start again
- The condenser is not making any noise, its not warm either
- The condenser does also not appear to be working in test mode
- The evaporator fan appears to be working
- When doors are closed evaporator fan is pushing air into fridge.
In test mode the condenser fan and condenser should work, even if there is an issue or signal being sent from the defroster etc.
I am stumped and I am wondering if the condenser fan stopped working which in turn caused the compressor to overheat.
I only have a very basic multi meter but can try some further tests if anyone can assist further.