New battery not recognised in MacBook Pro 13(early 2015)
I’ve recently purchased and fitted a “new” battery bought from iFixit. Basically, my Mac doesn’t recognise the battery, so either the battery is faulty or there is some setting I need to change? As iFixit don’t offer support, I’m hoping I can get a solution here, before contacting my credit card provider for a refund. iFixit really shouldn’t offer a “solution” if the Apple software and hardware environment doesn’t support it.
It’s a Macbook Pro A1502 13” Retina (Early2015). What I’ve done so far:
- Disconnected and reconnected the battery (This did resolve a non-responsive keyboard and trackpad).
- Reset SMC,3 times
- Run First Aid on Disk Utility
- Unit is powered with mains power cable when this is removed the unit switched off.
- The charger shows amber light.
- The unit runs VERY slowly
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are not available as options. Luckily I’m able to plug in an ethernet connector
- There is no battery indicator on the desktop.
Any insights or suggestion would be great.