I have just accomplished this:
1) acquired a chinese Aliexpress replacement keyboard for white Macbook A1181 - 8 USD !!! , very nice looking :) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/A1181-UK...
2) used a Dremel grinder to rip the melted plastic bolts and take off the aluminum cover that holds the keyboard to the top case
3) swapped the keyboard and used hot plastic gun to remake the plastic bolts, reattaching the aluminum cover to the top case and fixing the keyboard in place;
4) result is good enough for the price:
- all keys except 1 work (] seems broken)
- I was not very careful with the hot glue and added some depth to the top cover, that seem to prevent the top to lay perfectly on the bottom case; this can be done better but it is enough for me, for a 10 years old scrapped laptop and 8 USD keyboard, good enough !
rdk is correct, I have that machine and you would have to replace the whole top case. If anyone is selling you just the keyboard it's either the wrong machine or a hoax cause it's nearly impossible to just take the keyboard out of the topcase. I have the MacBook 5,1 and all a1181 topcases are compatible. I can tell you from personal experience.
由 Majesty 完成的
LOL, I wouldn't purchase that if I were u. It's impossible to install that onto the topcase. I had a bent topcase after an accident and i replaced my topcase for fifty bucks and it's the new one with full I-Tunes controls. U can find the whole topcase on ebay. please do yourself a favor and don't purchase that. You're setting yourserlf up for disappointment.
由 Majesty 完成的