No charging progress after placing new battery
Iphone 6S Plus. Previous battery was up for replacement so got a new one and also a new screen. Replaced both but now I have the following:
- without lightning connection switch on, shows phone needs to be charged
- plug in lightning, shows battery is charging (minor red bar icon) when try to switch on the phone
- stays like this, no progress even after hrs
- disconnect battery, measures 3.48V at the battery side
- connect lightning (with battery disconnected), measures 3.69V at the battery connector (phone side) but only for 12sec, then drops to 0 for 1 sec and then comes back
- switching on the phone with battery disconnect but lightning connected shows black with white apple logo for the same 12sec as above, then drops and continues to cycle
I was wondering, as I have reseated all connectors at least 3 times, inspected them all look ok, all right screws in the right places and don’t think to have damaged anything, all parts looking OK … will it only charge properly when it’s closed up ? There’s this gold plated pin connection on the phone side where the touch button comes when closed, does it serve as some kind of open/close break circuit maybe, that prevents charging when not closed ?
If not, what else should I check ?
Battery connector area: