Please help - Console won't charge/blinking green light of death
If anybody can help, I would be very appreciative. My four year old daughter has been playing my Switch lately and kept it off the dock until the battery was fully depleted. I put it back on the dock to charge and noticed a blinking green light on the corner of it and took a nap only to wake up to see the battery didn't get any charge in the interim. I tried again to same avail and did some research online to discover "the blinking green light of death." I tried plugging the console directly into a different wall AC outlet, but nothing until it had been plugged in and sitting for about half-an-hour where the charge signal eventual came on. "All fixed," I thought and just let it charge for a few more hours. It was at 43% when I went to bed,but the charging signal disappeared. I left it in overnight to find it still at 43% in the morning..
I called Nintendo, but all repair centers are closed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. All local stores are sold out of the dock version of the Switch (Lites are available, but I want to option of a dock if I am going to drop more money on this). Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix??? From what I have looked up, I am going to try to answer common questions below:
- All the AC adapters are made by Nintendo and Mod HAC-002. They also charge my pro controller without issue.
- I've tried the hard reset option of holding down the power button for 12-15 seconds and up to 30 seconds and turning back on multiple times, but the same issues occur.
- The charging port doesn't look damaged to the naked eye, but that is what I am afraid it is since nothing else seems to be working.
- Along with the blinking green light on the dock, no signal is going to the TV which I figure was implied. Just wanted to be specific.
- Not that I would, I must add that I am nowhere savvy enough to attempt to do a hardware repair myself if it in the charging port.
- I am currently attempting to charge without the joycons attached, but that temp charge mentioned before did so with them attached.