Dead MacBook Pro with Trackpad Working
I have a MacBook Pro 15” late 2013, with a lot of symptoms indicating that the logic board is broken, however, the trackpad works fine, which is really confusing.
Full list of symptops:
- After first plugging the charger, the led indicator goes green for about a second, then goes amber.
- Screen doesn’t light up, nor does the apple logo in the lid.
- Caps lock key doesn’t light up.
- SMC light sequence goes as expected (amber > green > amber), but nothing else happens.
- Trackpad works when switched on.
- I can only know if the laptop is switched on through the trackpad.
- Battery works, it loads and when I disconnect it from the charger, the trackpad still works.
What I’ve tried:
- Power: Up to 60 seconds.
- Shift + power: 10 seconds.
- Shift + Ctrl + Opt + Power: 10 seconds.
- With cable connected.
- With cable disconnected.
- Disconnecting the cable just when the amber ligth switches to green.
- Ctr + Opt + P + R + Power: 20 seconds.
However, it’s still dead, and the trackpad still works…. Any ideas of what could it be?