跳转到主内容

Model A1224 / Mid 2007 and Early 2008 / 2, 2.4, or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

633 个问题 查看全部

big moldy area on iMac LCD

does anybody has seen such a screen on iMac?

Block Image

Block Image

below the screen glass, on the black film of the LCD, there are bubbles that looks like this, once monitor light up

已回答! 显示答案 我也有这个问题

这是一个好问题吗?

得分 0

评论:

I don’t think this is mold, I’m suspecting you stored your system somewhere where LCD liquid within the display sandwich broke down.

If it was mold you likely have spores scattered within the system best to throw the system away as you'll just re-infect your home with the mold.

完成的

添加一条评论

2个回答

已选择的解决方案

Ick. That’s just gross. I have seen that happen to an iMac that sat in a damp basement for a year or so. I wouldn’t bother cleaning that because mold is hazardous.

Here’s a link to a replacement screen

https://www.fasttech.ca/imac-20/imac-int...

Here’s a link to a guide on how to replace the screen

iMac Intel 20" EMC 2133 和 2210 显示面板更换

Update (11/24/2018)

If it truly is mold inside your system, your system will require a deep cleaning because as Dan said, any loose spores can re-infect the system and the home. It’s up to you, but I advise that you either deep clean your system or throw it away if it truly is mold.

On the other hand, if it isn’t mold and rather heat damage as Dan noted replacing the screen will help you out in your case.

这个答案有帮助吗?

得分 5

评论:

good answer, neither the great Louis Rossmann has answered this way; thanx

完成的

I agree with Dan, heat damage not mold.

完成的

@danj You're right. Maybe not the best idea to have the OP just replace the screen because the system could be crawling with mold if it is indeed mold.

完成的

I agree with both Dan and Aaron here. That looks like heat damage, not mold. If I am mistaken and it is mold then it would be best to either toss the system in the trash or do an intense cleaning of the system because of the dangers mold presents to a structure and to us humans too.

完成的

添加一条评论

@gallina

In all reality, it should not matter what it is but that you need to get rid of it. Check for a fungal LCD on here Fungus on LCD screen Whatever damage it is you can always try and disassemble the actual panel. Most of the damage is most likely on the diffuser sheets. The panel on this iMac can still be disassembled to get to it. You could try and clean (use bleach for the system) those sheets or replace them. Just be careful when you do take it apart that you do not mix up or flip the sheets. The proper order and direction needs to be retained. If nothing else, you can also replace the display relatively inexpensive and fairly easy.

这个答案有帮助吗?

得分 2

评论:

a pity I could not take picture of the inside, but to explain you all better, the black LCD film has bubbles in correspondence of the shown "mouldy" area; however, even if it is not mould, I still guess how it happened

完成的

添加一条评论

添加你的答案

SimoneGallina 将永远感激不已
浏览统计数据:

过去的24小时: 0

过去的7天: 0

过去的30天: 25

总计 1,081