MacBook Pro 15 2013 random shut downs and sleep
Hit here :)
I need some help with my newly purchased MacBook Pro 15 2013 2.0GHz (integrated Iris PRO HD 5200). The problem it has a sleep related problem.
Things what I know:
- I’ve done SMC and PRAM reset - no success.
- It is usually happening when Youtube video full screen paused and MacBook left for sleep - then indication of that problem is that are fans full on and black screen - not possible to wake it up - just holding power and restart.
- I’ve been in Apple Store - they said…. MacBook is in fully working condition and they offered motherboard replacement for more that new/used MacBook is worth - so it is not for me :(
- It is all happening even when new and latest macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra installed - no applications installed to eliminate third-party software fault.
- MacBook seems to be fully functional until left for sleep.
- I attach photos of SSD and Battery status (You can see SSD got over 400 unexpected shutdowns - where I guess previous owner struggle with this problem for long time).
- I’ve done 2 full battery cycles (drain and fully charge).
- I’ve found 1 small screw near battery circuit board - I think it did not touch and chip - just gold “dot” - or maybe not - but again - I don’t know if it was rattling all over place there.
- I found out one of the… “spring loaded bars/legs” is lifted as it looks like it broke off/unsoldered from motherboard - no cracks - no rip off anything there and no components there to be damaged - I’ve applied double sided tape and sticked to it to remove contact with aluminium case and push it back (CPU / GPU temperatures are all fine - around 43.
- I’ve cleaned whole motherboard and removed and put back SSD and Airport card and I/O board.
- black screens are random sometimes when use Notepad, but usually when close lid
- No magnetic field - as my MacBook Air works great.
- Shutdowns are happening no matter if MacBook connected to charger or not.
- There are no pink water damage indicators - all white