Why is there coolant in cylinder and valve cover 2005 Nissan Altima
Hello guys this is my first question and I'm gonna be as informative as I can be...
1. Did a engine overhaul on my 2005 Nissan altima which has 155000miles on her, by overhaul i mean replacing head gasket, valve cover gasket, timing chain, radiator, spark plugs, engine mounts, cam shaft sensor, crank sensor and the coolant temperature sensor.
2. Car runs beautifully after all this but come 5 or 6 days later, bare in mind I barely run this car it only runs like 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles in the evening and that's it, it begins to hard start and sometimes I have to crank it twice and hold it there for like 7secs each crank and gas the pedal to make it start.
3. Carried it to the mechanic twice for this same hard start problem which he fixes by replacing the spark plugs with new better iridium ones.
4. I tried to start it and it doesn't wanna start, the engine just swings and swings, no white smoke no black smoke whatsoever is coming out the exhaust. I took off the engine oil cap and noticed it had a milkshake like texture on the bottom of the oil cap so I immediately checked my engine oil dip stick but the oil seems fine no milkshake texture to it. I grabbed some tools and took out my sparkplug and noticed they are moist wet with coolant so I rev the engine while all spark plugs is out to let the coolant in the cylinder blow out, i reinsert my spark plugs and coil and start the engine and it started beautifully. This is what was causing it to hard start. Now that I knew what was causing it not to start kept running the car like this until it hard started on me again.
5. So my question is why is there coolant in the cylinders and in the valve cover but not in the engine? Could it be a bad head gasket job? I really don't have the money to do that again. Please bare in mind to Everytime coolant goes in the cylinders which only happen twice so far...I check the engine oil dip stick to see if cool and is mixing down there but still it shows that everything is good...it's only in the cylinder and probably in the valve cover since it showed milkshake like texture on the bottom of the valve cover cap( engine oil cap).