Ram not recognized after fall
My system is not recognizing both RAM memory modules anymore.
It initially had two 1GB RAM memory modules, which I replaced by two 2GB RAM memory modules, and everything worked fine for months.
It fell on the floor three weeks ago, and since then, the OS only recognizes 2 GB out of the 4. It always displays one slot as empty.
I have tried changing the configuration, keeping only one memory module, testing in both slots, etc, and couldn't draw a conclusion, because:
- With both memory modules, I got to a point where system was booting with only that memory module. Thus both memory module seems to work.
- With both slots, I got to a point where system was booting with a memory module only in that slot. Thus both slots seem to work.
- Conversely, while changing and re-testing some configurations I had already tested, I ended up having a configuration fail which had previously worked, with both memory modules and both slots.
I have tried the following:
- Reset SMC
- Reset PRAM
- Cleaned up RAM pins
- Loosen RAM socket screws
- Remove RAM socket screws
- Disconnect hard drive, and boot from USB
- Inserted 2mm plastic card in between both RAM memory modules
How to troubleshoot from then on ?