My laptop isn't displaying anything. Why?
I have a Lenovo T420s. One night it suddenly shut off (I suspected that it died) and so I put it up for charging overnight. The next morning it would power on but the display wasnt working.
The lights would cease besides the bluetooth one and a sequence of beeps would sound (beep and a pause then 3 beeps then a pause then 3 beeps again and a pause and finally a beep) and then the bluetooth would stay on but the beeping would stop and I could hear the system running. The display didn't come on.
I've tried quite a few things
- the 60 second power button fix (didn't work)
- F8 + shift + power (didn't work)
- FN + F5 (didn't work)
- Attaching it to a monitor to check if there is any problem with the display (didn't work)
- Taking out the RAM slot and powering it on (didn't work)
- Checking for any faint lights on the screen (none)
I am also planning on disassambling it and leaving it for 12-24 hours and reassabling it which I will attempt tonight.
If that doesn't work the only conclusion I have is that theres something wrong with the motherboard. But I'm not sure what? If anyone could help it would be very appreciated !