If your Roku device finds out that the HDMI made with your TV is not supporting the copy and content protection technology, you are going to face an error called Roku HDCP error code 020. The error code is the 020 and along with the message, you are going to see that your screen might have gone purple. The main cause of the problem is if the TV or AVR does not support HDCP. there are various steps that you can follow in order to figure the main issue and eliminate it once and for all.
Follow these steps mentioned below:
- If you are witnessing a purple screen when you are trying to stream 4K content, then the right way to is contact the tech support, who can help you out setting your Roku for 4K streaming.
- There may be the case that if you are still receiving Roku error code 020, or the purple screen then you must follow some steps.
- Unplug the HDMI wire from both ends. This means from your TV as well as the Roku player.
- After doing that, you need to power off your TV and Roku and unplug both of them from the power outlet.
- Again, after waiting for 10 seconds, connect both the ends of the HDMI cable, one on the back of the Roku player and the other to the TV.
- Connect both the devices from the power outlet and switch them on. Wait, until they are both switched on and then press the power button on your remote.
- Now check, whether or not, the issue has been resolved or not, by playing the video.