Why is my Kyocera Event Freezing?
When opening different applications my phone just freezes. How should I fix this issue?
The Kyocera Event is and Android based phone for Virgin Mobile. Released February 2013.
Press and hold the power button to turn power off.
Remove the phone’s rear cover and remove battery for about 10 seconds.
Replace battery in the phone and put the rear cover back on.
Press and hold the power button to turn the phone back on.
Hard Reset (Factory Reset)
Doing a factory reset will delete all content stored on phone and reverts phone to original settings.
1. Press and hold the power button to turn off phone.
2. Hold down the "Volume," "Power" and "Home" buttons at the same time. Continue holding the buttons until the 3-D Android logo and a menu of system options appears on the screen, and then release the buttons.
3. Press the "Volume" button to scroll through the menu options and highlight "Wipe Data/Factory Reset." Press the "Power" button to select the option.
4. Use the Volume button again to highlight "Yes, Delete All User Data," and then press the "Power" button. This will delete all your personal data and settings from the phone, and then returns you to the first menu.
5. Highlight "Reboot System Now," and then press the "Power" button to restart the phone. After several minutes the Event will start up and give you an option to reset phone to original settings. Choose the reset option in order to set the phone back to factory settings.
Clear Application Cache
Clearing application cache removes temporary files but will NOT remove personal setting or information.
Press the “Home” button.
Press the “Menu” button.
Choose the “System Settings” option.
Scroll to the “Apps” button.
Choose the “All Tab” button.
Choose the application that is freezing.
Hit the “Clear Cache” option.
Dry out components
Press and hold the power button to turn the phone off
Then remove the rear battery cover
Remove the battery
Place the phone in a large bag of rice for a few hours. The dry rice will absorb the moisture from the phone. Be aware that turning power on before the components are completely dry could potentially damage the phone.
After a few hours, remove the phone from the bag of rice. Replace the battery. Put the rear battery cover back on.
Press and hold the power button to turn on the phone.