Battery not charging after spilling water on keyboard
Tipped a cup of green tea on the computer. Instantly tilted the computer over and scrubbed it with paper towels. I have confirmed all hardware is working (I am submitting this post from the computer in question). I opened up the computer and dried out all traces of water.
The only issue I have is the battery is not charging. I read through a dozen posts and downloaded coconutBattery.
The battery is good running at 28.4C, charging with 0 watts battery state is discharging. The computer runs fine plugged in, although the battery will not charge. It will not boot without the plug.
My thought is to open the laptop, clean the battery connectors with alcohol and, if that does not work, reset the SMC. My spouse wants me to refer to the forum before proceeding.