原帖由： Briguy ,
I have a Maytag maxima washer that I just spent a couple days trouble shooting as it wasn’t dispensing softener. Took the removable tray out and cleaned it, but still no luck. I confirmed the “siphon” tower inside the softener tray was clear. We live in a rural area and our water is very hard and has a lot of iron in it. It appeared that water was being delivered to the bleach compartment but not to the softener. Tried scrubbing the holes in the top of the tray receiver with no luck. I removed the top panel of the washer and ran it through a diagnostics test (should be a manual affixed to the inside of the top panel which explains diagnostics and troubleshooting). The diagnostics test was returning no errors dispite the problem. While running the diagnostics test I observed the entire cycle to make sure the arm that controls the rotating valve inside the dispensing tray was operating correctly. If the arm is not moving then the motor that controls it has likely failed. I removed the top of the tray receiver and completely disassembled it. You will need to unscrew a few screws to drop the tray from the washer frame. Then push the receiving tray back to release it from the frame. There will be several tabs around the tray that need to be opened to remove the top of the tray reciever. You will also need to remove the valve motor and operating arm linkage (take picture before you pull part). I then put ‘lime away’ inside the channels that run up to the holes that dispense water above the softener tray and bleach tray. I then blew out the holes and channels with compressed air and ran numerous pipe cleaners twisted together down each channel. There was obviously a blockage as this fixed the problem once reassembled. At the same time I took the opportunity to clean the drain trap which requires removal of the front of the washer which was jammed full of junk. I also thoroughly cleaned the gasket in the front of the washer which was also a mess. I ended up removing the tension band that holds the gasket in and used soapy warm water and a sponge to clean the gasket. I also removed and inspected the hoses and screens to make sure they weren’t plugged which can affect your water pressure inside the washer. Good luck, I hope this helps someone out there!