跳转到主内容
帮助

当前版本: mayer (投票详情) ,

标题:

Corrosion on Logic Board help

文本:

Hi,

Got an ipod off ebay that was dead and cracked digitzer. Opening it up everything looks pretty much ok apart from two small capacitors/resistors? See the pics attached, should be fairly easy to see. not sure if this was caused by water or if they are caps they might be leaking/exploded.

I have a new battery but apprehensive about putting it in as dont want to ruin it if the board is faulty.

I do have some iso alcohol and have tried rubbing it off but not much avail.

Some people have said they dip the whole unit in it, would this help?

Unrelated, but I have noticed that under the cables running from the top board to the lower one is a silver paste. Is this thermal paste and if i get the unit working again should i put some more down. I have some arctic silver from my imac.

Thanks

forgot to add links..

here http://img834.imageshack.us/g/p1012308.jpg/

设备:

iPod Touch 2nd Generation

状态:

open

已接受的回答:

79266

编辑: Ben ,

标题:

Corrosion on Logic Board help

文本:

Hi,
 
Got an ipod off ebay that was dead and cracked digitzer. Opening it up everything looks pretty much ok apart from two small capacitors/resistors? See the pics attached, should be fairly easy to see. not sure if this was caused by water or if they are caps they might be leaking/exploded.
 
I have a new battery but apprehensive about putting it in as dont want to ruin it if the board is faulty.
 
I do have some iso alcohol and have tried rubbing it off but not much avail.
 
Some people have said they dip the whole unit in it, would this help?
 
Unrelated, but I have noticed that under the cables running from the top board to the lower one is a silver paste. Is this thermal paste and if i get the unit working again should i put some more down. I have some arctic silver from my imac.
 
Thanks
 
forgot to add links..
 
here http://img834.imageshack.us/g/p1012308.jpg/

设备:

iPod Touch 2nd Generation

状态:

open

原帖由: Ben ,

标题:

Corrosion on Logic Board help

文本:

Hi,

Got an ipod off ebay that was dead and cracked digitzer. Opening it up everything looks pretty much ok apart from two small capacitors/resistors? See the pics attached, should be fairly easy to see. not sure if this was caused by water or if they are caps they might be leaking/exploded.

I have a new battery but apprehensive about putting it in as dont want to ruin it if the board is faulty.

I do have some iso alcohol and have tried rubbing it off but not much avail.

Some people have said they dip the whole unit in it, would this help?

Unrelated, but I have noticed that under the cables running from the top board to the lower one is a silver paste. Is this thermal paste and if i get the unit working again should i put some more down. I have some arctic silver from my imac.

Thanks

设备:

iPod Touch 2nd Generation

状态:

open